Neuropsychology services at Mile High Psychology
Our neuropsychological testing and evaluation services are designed to assess cognitive abilities and brain-behavior functioning.
Our foremost goal is to provide useful information and make treatment recommendations that guide you to interventions, support, or services that meet your unique needs.
Recovery isn’t about a final destination. It’s about embracing the journey and finding strength during the process of healing and rebuilding.Oliver Sacks
Navigating cognitive shifts with the help of neuropsychological testing
We understand that facing unexpected changes in brain functioning can be unsettling, confusing, and disruptive. It can be challenging to navigate these changes.
If you or a loved one is experiencing cognitive or psychological changes related to a medical condition or other health problems, you may want to consider neuropsychological testing.
At Mile high Psychology, we strive to create a compassionate and supportive environment. The goal of our assessment services to increase understanding of any problem areas and guide you toward appropriate interventions, support, or services.
Reasons to consider neuropsychological testing and evaluation
Neuropsychological testing is a specialized process that evaluates various cognitive abilities and assesses mental health factors that may affect brain-behavior functioning. Some common reasons individuals seek neuropsychological testing include:
- Assessing Cognitive Abilities
Neuropsychological testing typically assess a range of cognitive functions, such as attention, memory, language, problem-solving, and executive functions. By identifying areas of strength and difficulty, you can gain a better understanding of your cognitive profile.
- Differential Diagnosis
Neuropsychological testing can help differentiate between neurological and psychiatric conditions with similar symptoms. This process contributes to accurate diagnoses and helps guide treatment considerations.
- Personalized Treatment Planning
The results of neuropsychological testing inform the development of a treatment plan that aims to address your specific needs.
- Tracking Progress
Neuropsychological testing serves as a baseline assessment, allowing your care team to monitor changes in cognitive functioning over time and adjust interventions as needed.
Navigate challenges with support
Neuropsychological testing can increase understanding and provide treatment recommendations.
Meet Dr. Laura Leach
Laura Leach, PhD
The neuropsychological testing and assessment process
- Clinical Interview: We begin with a clinical interview, where we gather information about your cognitive and psychological functioning. This helps us understand your unique experiences and concerns.
- Test Battery Administration: We administer a test battery tailored to your needs, which may include face-to-face, paper-and-pencil, or computer-based tests. These tests have undergone extensive research and are reliable measures of cognitive abilities.
- Data Analysis and Report: Once we collect and analyze all the data, we prepare a comprehensive report summarizing the assessment findings. The report addresses your specific questions and concerns.
- Feedback Session: We schedule a feedback session to discuss the results and recommendations with you. This session ensures you have a clear understanding of the assessment outcomes and helps you make informed decisions regarding your treatment.
Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.Mariska Hargitay
Every journey begins with a single step.
If you think neuropsychological testing could be helpful, we invite you to give us a call to discuss your needs.