The First Step - Schedule a Free 15-Minute Initial Telephone Consultation →
As a first step, we kindly ask first time callers (prospective clients, family members, and referring professionals) to schedule a 15-minute initial telephone consultation. The purpose of the call is to better understand your needs and determine if we can help. If it looks like we can help you, we will schedule an office visit so that we can meet in person and discuss your concerns or goals in more depth.
Scheduling is easy and can be done online. We keep open time slots in our weekly schedules for telephone consultations. Dr. Rob Leach utilizes the online scheduling system for setting up initial telephone consultations. Please know that these appointments can schedule out several weeks in advance. If nothing is available at this time, please check back in a week or two. Dr. Laura Leach manages all her appointments directly; please give her a call at 303-473-0707.
Next Steps for Individual Therapy and Couples Counseling
- After completing the telephone consultation and prior to your first office visit, we will ask you to complete our intake paperwork. If you are planning to use health insurance, please provide your health insurance information when you complete the intake paperwork. After we receive this information from you, our billing specialist with verify your benefits and provide you with an estimate of your payment responsibility.
- After the first face-to-face meeting, we can decide if we want to meet a few more times. At this point in the initial consultation process, there is no expectation that we will commence with counseling. We want you to make an informed decision and feel good about any decision to work with us. Similarly, we want to get to know you and feel confident that we can help you reach your goals.
- After meeting several times, both you and your therapist are in better position to decide if working together is a good idea. If we decide to continue, we will work together to establish a plan that suits your needs.
- Our goal is to help you. We realize that sometimes you might want to keep looking for that good fit. Alternatively, we might ask you to consider working with another therapist who we feel is better suited to meet your needs than we are. If this happens, we will try to assist you with a referral.
Next Steps for Mental Health Assessment Services
- The process for neuropsychological and psychological testing is different than the initial consultation process that is described above.
- While the process is different, the starting point is the same. Schedule a free 15-minute telephone consultation to discuss to needs and determine if we can help.
- If we decide to schedule testing, we will further evaluate the suitability of testing during the clinical interview, which takes place at the beginning of your first appointment. If it looks like there might be some better options for you than the assessment services that we offer, we will inform you of this as soon as we can.